Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Writer's List For Santa



Kids learn to make a list for Santa at a very early age. I ask my children and grandchildren to send me a list of things they might like to have for Christmas every year. Those lists are pretty interesting sometimes. 

For today's writing exercise, make a list for Santa of all the writing-related gifts you'd like to receive this year. Make it as long or as short as you like. Make it as minimal or as big as you like. Make it things that are definitely possible and some that are wild dreams. With Santa in charge, maybe even some of those wild dreams might come to fruition. There's nothing wrong with dreaming a little.

Here's a list I made for myself:

Dear Santa,

If it's not too much trouble, these are the things I'd really like to have in my writing life. Even one or two would make me very happy. I've been a good girl this year. I've tried to help my fellow writers with my blog. So Santa, here's my list:

1. An ebook of my own that sells

2. Stories accepted in several new Chicken Soup for the Soul books

3. More Followers on my blog

4. The ability to write better fiction for adults

5. To sell my juvenile novel to a publisher

6. Some new markets for my submissions

7. To go to two or more writing conferences in 2015

8. To sell a story/article to a major magazine

9.  To have a special new poem published

10. To appear on national TV to promote a book I've had published

11. Two weeks alone in a cottage by the sea to write to my heart's content

Now, it's your turn. What gift related to your writing world s do you want Santa to bring you? Share in the comments box. Your list might give the rest of us some ideas. 




1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful list. I love lists, and writerly lists are most fun!

    ReplyDelete

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...