Thursday, April 17, 2014

Start With A Dream and Move On From There


I hardly need to add anything to this poster with its wise words. Note that my two keywords for those in the writing world are both in this poster quote. Patience and Perseverance are words that I cannot say often enough to those who are writers or want to be writers. 

Writers do begin with a dream. Then they must believe in that dream--so much so that it becomes a part of who they are. Next, add the perseverance and the patience and you may have a dream which comes true. Of course, that isn't going to happen without a lot of hard work. Yours!

You can't only dream, have faith, perseverance and patience. A big part of that dream coming true depends on your action. It's what you do with that dream and the belief in yourself that matters. 

I've seen writers who give up because success didn't happen in the amount of time they thought it should. It always makes me feel bad because some of these people were truly fine writers. They gave up too soon. If only they'd have kept moving on the path to publication a little longer, they may have had a totally different outcome. 

Nothing worthwhile happens in a very short time. Be patient. Be persistent. Continue to dream and be hopeful. I did, and you can, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...