Thursday, June 14, 2012

How Are Your Tracks?

 


We will be known forever by the tracks we leave.
                                                    --Dakota




I saw this on Ladybug Whispers on facebook this morning. (See, going on fb is not wasted time!) There are a lot of these quotes and poster pictures, and they're all worthwhile, but now and then one comes along that impresses me and makes me think. This is one of them.


Stop and think about the tracks you have left as you move through your life. This includes both your personal life and your writing world. We are leaving tracks in both places.


Are your tracks deep and worth something, or did you skim across the sand and leave only a slight imprint? Are you at a point in your life where you can make a change if you feel you need to? 


When I look back over the years, I know that I could have done several things differently, but that's finished now. It's the path ahead where I can make some changes in both my personal and my writing life. 


How about you? Today's a brand new day. Let's use it in the best way we can. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I've always loved the Footprints poem, and this reminds me of that. I like the idea that someone walks with me, and I also think those that love us have footprints along our path.

    ReplyDelete

Writers Who Do, Not Just Think

There's an ocean of difference between people who think about writing and those who actually do it. Myriad numbers of people have a desi...