Monday, February 21, 2011

Grandmother Time

Our two youngest grandchildren are off school today because it is President's Day. Mom and Dad still have to go to work, so Grandma and Poppy to the rescue. We arrived yesterday and will stay until tomorrow morning when they head back to school.

Jordan is 7 and in the first grade. Cole is 4 and goes to pre-school and an in-home sitter. It's fun to spend some time with them. I find lots of story material just listening to what they talk about.

Last night, Jordan was cuddled up close to me and she reached out to rub my neck. She frowned and said, "People your age have this kind of skin, don't they?"

"You mean wrinkled?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

"Well, people get wrinkles when they get older," I explained to her.

Quick as a wink, she shot back with "I didn't use that word.O-L-D."

Quite diplomatic for a 7 year old to refer to it as 'people your age' and I love her all the more for being so thoughtful. But it is what it is. A wrinkled neck!!!

We're going into Kansas City with the kids today to do some shopping and have lunch. Looking forward to some Grandmother Time. And maybe a new story or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...